Regional Innovation Network of Southern Alberta
The Regional Innovation Network of Southern Alberta (RINSA) was formed in 2011 as a collaborative partnership between Alberta Innovates with Economic Development Lethbridge/Tecconnect, Lethbridge College, and the University of Lethbridge. It has since grown to over 10 member organizations:
- University of Lethbridge
- Tecconnect / EDL
- Lethbridge College
- Alberta Innovates
- Lethbridge Chamber of Commerce
- Okotoks Economic Development
- Piikani Resource Development
- Blood Tribe Economic Development
- Community Futures
- Southgrow Regional Initiative
- Alberta Southwest Regional Economic Development
RINSA operates with a client service model focused on the client, outcomes and collaboration. The main clients of RINSA are entrepreneurs with start-ups/small businesses with a focus on technology and innovation. RINSA collectively assists start-ups and small businesses to successfully navigate the commercialization system through programs, services, and resources. As a part of the Alberta Innovation Network, RINSA can leverage opportunities to collaborate with other regional innovation networks throughout the province as well.
Southwest Alberta-based SMEs
Technology or knowledge-based entrepreneurs
Access to experienced business advisors
Matchmaking and network connections
Training and workshops
Meeting and work space
Coaching and network development
Education and learning
Access to non-dilutive capital
What is a Regional Innovation Network (RIN)?
The ultimate goal of all Regional Innovation Networks (RINs) across the province is to create community-based networks of programs and services to accelerate the growth of technology and knowledge-based entrepreneurs and venture development.
To achieve this goal, some of the main objectives are to:
- Create a collaborative framework involving key players and stakeholders in the regional innovation ecosystem to help support and grow the entrepreneurial culture in Alberta.
- Identify gaps and trends in the innovation ecosystem for entrepreneurs and adapt service delivery and programs to fill those gaps.
- Deliver a collaborative and coordinated network approach to serving the region’s innovation ecosystem.
- Share and leverage opportunities for learning across the Alberta Innovation network.